The Joint Development Authority along with the Economic Development Offices of Jasper, Morgan, Newton & Walton Counties were awarded the Georgia Economic Developers Association 2018 Deal of the Year. Attending from Jasper County was Commissioner Carl Pennamon, David Dyer, and Steve Jordan.
Work has begun on the Jasper County Senior Center…
The following applications will go before the Board of Commissioners on December 3, 2018 at 6 pm.
- Tyson’s Country Store, Application number 2018-A-004 located at 22044 Hwy 11 North. Name of applicant: Lisa Whitaker Wilkerson – Retail sales of beer and wine – Renewal
- Lakeview Marina, Application number 2018-A-002 located at 8726 Jackson Lake Road Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Shabanali Jabbarcheloei – Retail sales of beer and wine – Renewal
- Lakeview Restaurant, Application number 2018-A-003 located at 8726 B Jackson Lake Road Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Shabanali Jabbarcheloei – Pouring license for distilled spirits, beer, and wine. – Renewal
- Convenience Stores, Inc dba Larry’s 4 way, Application number 2018-A-001 located at 9160 Hwy 212 West Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Joann Hedrick – Retail sales of beer and wine. – Renewal
- Turtle Cove POA, Application number 2018-A-006 located at 222 Clubhouse Drive Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Lucinda M. Bryant – Pouring license for distilled spirits, beer, and wine. – Renewal
- Frank’s Restaurant, Application number 2018-A-008 located at 11818 Hwy 212 West Covington, Ga 30014. Name of applicant: Vivian Castellana Fuller – Pouring license for distilled spirits, beer, and wine. – Renewal
Consideration of approval will be on the agenda for the monthly County Commissioners meeting on December 3, 2018 at 6 pm. The meeting will be in the Commissioners meeting room on the basement floor of the Courthouse.
The results for the General Election – Jasper County can be found at this link: CLICK HERE
The Jasper County Board of Education is seeking a new superintendent. The system enrollment is 2400 (K-12). King-Cooper and Associates will assist the Board of Education with the search for the new superintendent. Interested applicants should contact Frank King (770-468-2021), Henry Cooper (478-397-1976) or Dr. Allen McCannon (706-614-8375) for additional information about the application process or visit www.kingcooper.com.
Completed application packages for this position must be received by the close of the business day Friday, December 14, 2018. The application materials should be emailed to the following address:
FRANK KING firstname.lastname@example.org
For a candidate’s application package to be considered, it must include the following:
- A formal letter of application
- One copy of a current resume
- A copy of the Georgia leadership certificate (Georgia candidates only)
- Names, addresses, and two telephone numbers
(office and home or cell) of four references
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED The Jasper County Board of Commissions has a need for citizen volunteers who are willing and able to serve their community as members of the Jasper County Recreation Board.
The Board of Commissioners will be making appointments at their November 5, 2018 regular meeting at 6 o’clock p.m.
Anyone interested in serving should submit a letter of interest with qualifications not later than Friday, October 26, 2018 by Noon with contact information to Sharon S. Robinson, County Clerk in the Jasper County Board of Commission office at 126 West Greene Street, Ste 18.
Jones Drill Blast out of Jasper Ga will be blasting rock at the Peninsula at Jackson Lake located at Jackson Lake Road and Eagle Drive on Thursday October 18, 2018 around Noon. For more info, please call Jasper County Planning and Zoning at 706-468-4905
Jasper County Georgia
Jasper County Board of Commissioners Office
126 W. Green Street, Suite 18
Monticello, GA 31064