Public Notices & Bids
The following applications will go before the Board of Commissioners on December 3, 2018 at 6 pm.
- Tyson’s Country Store, Application number 2018-A-004 located at 22044 Hwy 11 North. Name of applicant: Lisa Whitaker Wilkerson – Retail sales of beer and wine – Renewal
- Lakeview Marina, Application number 2018-A-002 located at 8726 Jackson Lake Road Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Shabanali Jabbarcheloei – Retail sales of beer and wine – Renewal
- Lakeview Restaurant, Application number 2018-A-003 located at 8726 B Jackson Lake Road Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Shabanali Jabbarcheloei – Pouring license for distilled spirits, beer, and wine. – Renewal
- Convenience Stores, Inc dba Larry’s 4 way, Application number 2018-A-001 located at 9160 Hwy 212 West Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Joann Hedrick – Retail sales of beer and wine. – Renewal
- Turtle Cove POA, Application number 2018-A-006 located at 222 Clubhouse Drive Monticello, Ga 31064. Name of applicant: Lucinda M. Bryant – Pouring license for distilled spirits, beer, and wine. – Renewal
- Frank’s Restaurant, Application number 2018-A-008 located at 11818 Hwy 212 West Covington, Ga 30014. Name of applicant: Vivian Castellana Fuller – Pouring license for distilled spirits, beer, and wine. – Renewal
Consideration of approval will be on the agenda for the monthly County Commissioners meeting on December 3, 2018 at 6 pm. The meeting will be in the Commissioners meeting room on the basement floor of the Courthouse.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED The Jasper County Board of Commissions has a need for citizen volunteers who are willing and able to serve their community as members of the Jasper County Recreation Board.
The Board of Commissioners will be making appointments at their November 5, 2018 regular meeting at 6 o’clock p.m.
Anyone interested in serving should submit a letter of interest with qualifications not later than Friday, October 26, 2018 by Noon with contact information to Sharon S. Robinson, County Clerk in the Jasper County Board of Commission office at 126 West Greene Street, Ste 18.
Speed Limit Change Coming to Jackson Lake Road: The section of Jackson Lake Road from Highway 11 to Rocky Creek Road speed limit will change from 45 MPH to 35 MPH. The change will be effective upon installation of the new speed limit signs.
PUBLIC HEARING – November 15, 2018
Advertisement for a Variance at 527 Cook Road Monticello, Ga 31064
The Jasper County Board of Appeals will hear a public hearing on the following item at their meeting on November 15, 2018 beginning at 6:00 pm in the Commissioners meeting room on the basement floor.
1. A public hearing will be held for a variance for 527 Cook Road Monticello, Ga 31064. They are requesting to be able to move a modular home on a tract of land that already has a modular home on it. They have relatives that have disabilities that live on the property.
The public is invited to attend and those with special needs related to handicapped accessibility, should contact the Planning and Zoning office at 706-468-4905.
County Bid Documents:
2018 APPROVED COUNTY HOLIDAYS
Jasper County Courthouse and offices will be closed the following dates…
Martin Luther King Day Monday, January 15, 2018
President’s Day, Monday, February 19, 2018
Good Friday, Friday, March 30, 2018
Memorial Day Monday, May 28, 2018
Independence Day Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Labor Day Monday, September 3, 2018
Columbus Day Monday, October 8, 2018
Veterans Day Monday, November 12, 2018
Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 22, 2018
Day after Thanksgiving Friday, November 23, 2018
Christmas Eve Monday, December 24, 2018
Christmas Day Tuesday, December 25, 2018
New Year’s Day Tuesday, January 1, 2019