Jasper County Probate Court
Jasper County Probate Court is one of 159 Probate Courts in Georgia. Each county has its own Probate Court and Judge. The Office of Probate Judge is one of the four Constitutional Offices in Georgia. The other three are the Sheriff, Tax Commissioner and Clerk of Court.
The Responsibilities of the Probate Court may vary from county to county. Jasper County Probate Court has jurisdiction in the following areas:
- Misdemeanor Marijuana Charges
- Game and Fish Charges
- Election Superintendent
- May 22, 2018 – Georgia Primary Election Results for Jasper County – Click Here
- Probate of Wills
- Administration of Estates
- Twelve Months support
- Hearings on Accountings, Appraisals, Inventories, as needed
- Revocation of Letters in Estates
- Filing of wills for safekeeping
- Entry into Safe deposit Boxes
- Appointment in the Event of Vacancy in Certain County Offices
- Historical Data Preservation
- Legal Organ slection and Preservation
- Swearing in Public Officers and Maintaining Bonds of Public Officials
- Supervising fingerprinting of Sheriff Candidates
- Certification of Returned Tax Assessment Notices
- Registration of Animal Brands
- Guardianships and Conservatorships of Incapacitated Adults
- Temporary Guardianships of Minors
- Permanent Guardianships of Minors ( in absence of a living parent or guardian)
- Conservatorships of Minors
- Approval of Settlements for Minors
- Revocation of Guardianship and Conservatorships
Health and Safety
- Evaluation Orders in Mental, drug and alcohol cases
- Fireworks Permits pursuant to State and Federal Laws
- Marriage Licenses
- Marriage licenses are issued Monday-Friday from 8:30 am-4:30 pm. The license fee is $76.00. If you have had pre-marital counseling, the fee is $36.00. The pre-marital form is available at the Probate Office. You must provide: 1. A state issued identification or a certified copy of your birth certificate. 2. A social security number 3. If you have previously been married, a copy of your divorce decree signed by a judge or a death certificate if widowed. To begin your marriage application online click here.
- To request a certified copy of a marriage license online and pay by debit or credit card click here.
- Weapons Carry Licenses
- Weapons Carry applications are accepted Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. The cost for a new applicant is $78.25. Photos and fingerprinting are done at the Jasper County Probate Office. You must have a valid Georgia issued identification with the correct current address. Renewals are $30.00 and available to current holders of a valid Georgia Weapons Carry License 90 days prior to or up to 30 days past the expiration date. To begin your Weapons Carry License online click here.
- Issuance of Birth and Death Certificates for anywhere in the state of Georgia
- Establishment of facts of birth for delayed birth certificates
- Amendments to Vital Records (birth, death and marriage
For more information on the Probate Courts of Georgia, or to download standard forms please visit the website at www.gaprobate.gov.
Andrea W. Brown is Judge of the Probate Court. Autumn Lewis and Debbie McVey are the Clerks.
Appointments are not necessary, but are recommended for Probate and Guardianship matters. Marriage license and Weapons Carry permits are issued daily from 8 AM thru 4:30 PM. Please call for more information on requirements for licenses.
Jasper County Probate Court
126 W. Greene St. Ste. 111
Monticello, GA 31064